Cookie Banner (appears on first use of the site)
Effective as of 01 December 2019
The reason we have this policy is so that you, a user of our services, has clear and accessible information about the cookies that Zanj uses, the role they play in helping us provide the best possible experience to you and the choices you have when it comes to your cookie settings.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that are downloaded to your device whenever you visit a website. They allow a website to recognise your device(s).
The term cookie describes a range of technologies, including pixel tags (transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email, which indicate that a page or email has been viewed), mobile device identifiers, and web storage used in desktop software or mobile devices.
Cookies perform a number of different functions, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and improving your user experience. They can also help to ensure that the ads you see online are relevant to you and your interests.
Zanj uses a few different categories of cookies, including session cookies which are cookies that expire once you close your web browser, and persistent cookies that stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them.
- First and Third-Party Cookies
First-party cookies are set by the website that you are visiting at that time, either by us or by a third party at our request. Third-party cookies are set by a party other than that of the website you are visiting. If you visit the Zanj website or use the any of Zanj’s services and another party sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Cookies also differ depending on the purpose they are used for, including but not limited to Strictly Necessary Cookies, Performance Cookies, Functionality Cookies and Targeting or Advertising Cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies – are necessary to allow us to operate the Zanj service as you have requested.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow us to operate Zanj according to your preferences. For example, when you continue to use or come back to the Zanj website, we can provide you with our services based on the information you make available to us, such as remembering your username, how you have customised our services, and reminding you of content you have previously engaged with.
- Targeted advertising cookies – These cookies are used to show you advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests, including interest-based advertising. The information may also be used to record how many times you’ve been shown a particular advertisement and to ensure we do not display the same advertisement to you repeatedly, and to otherwise help us measure their effectiveness.
4. How to manage your cookie preferences
- Browser Cookies
- Your browser probably gives you cookie choices. For example, most browsers let you block third-party cookies, which are cookies from sites other than the one you’re visiting. Those options vary from browser to browser, so check your browser settings for more information.
- Some browsers also have a privacy setting called “Do Not Track,” which we support. This setting is another way for you to decide whether we use info from our partners and other services to customize Pinterest for you.
- Your mobile device has settings that allow you to control whether ad partners can use information about your use of mobile applications to show ads to you. On iOS devices, this setting is called “Limit Ad Tracking” and on Android devices, this setting is called “Opt out of Ads Personalisation.”
5. Updates to this Policy
- We may occasionally make changes to this Policy.
- When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with clear and timeous notice e.g. by displaying a prominent notice on the Zanj website and in the app or by sending you an email. We may notify you in advance.